Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My first post, Also, my life :)

So a while back I remember telling my husband, "You know with how crazy our lives are, I bet we could write a book.  I mean a real book that someone would want to read!"  Let me explain.

My name is Melissa Hollis, I am 20 years old.  I will have been married for two years in September, and I have an 8 month old son.  My husband, Lincoln, is a student at Western Washington University, where I also used to also be a student.  He is extremely hard working, taking a full load of classes and still managing to work a full time job. I am a lucky girl :)

Lincoln and I got married on the 19th of September, 2009, the Saturday before we started college.  There was no honeymoon; we had business to take care of! Our college lives were starting!  So, that night instead of heading off in a plane to some tropical island, we drove the 3 hours north to our new home of Bellingham, Washington and proceeded to start our lives together.  We got married on a Saturday, classes started on Wednesday.  Everyone though we were so nuts to get married right before going to school, and maybe we were.  But the craziness didn't stop there!  About a month and a half later, we found out we were pregnant.  YIKES! Two 18 year old's right out of high school, trying to begin not only their foundation for their careers, but also the foundation for their marriage, and NOW a baby?! Yep, if we weren't crazy when we got married, for sure we were crazy now.

It's been 17 months since we found out we were pregnant.  I am 20 years old, I know SO SEASONED, and I have an 8 month old son.  I am no longer attending university classes, though my husband still is.  Instead, I am a stay at home mom and a small business owner.  When I got married I expected to be in my second year of college right now, probably just figuring out my major, studying in some coffee shop somewhere and maybe thinking about babysitting kids to earn some extra money.  Never would I have thought I would have my very own!  It's crazy how life doesn't turn out how you think it will.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  Though sometimes I wish I had more time to figure out my life before I was in charge of someone else's, my son is one of the best things that ever happened to me, and I love him more than I could ever have loved a college degree.

After becoming a stay at home mom, I found myself with a lot of stress to relieve and a lot of time to kill with my husband gone at least 4 days a week until late at night at both school and his job.  And so, I started picking up a couple of old hobbies, knitting and crocheting.  And, truly that is where the idea to start this blog came from.  I started selling my hand made scarves, washcloth, gloves, and hats on etsy.com and heard a lot of people talking about their blogs and how it helped to promote their work.  So, here I am writing my very own blog.  I hope that someone cares to read it, but even if no one does, it's nice to get down in words what I am thinking in my head all day long, and so in a way I hope this can be very therapeutic for me.   I will be sharing with the world my hopes, dreams, frustrations, set backs and triumphs.  Here we go.

1 comment:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers