Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feature Tuesday!

This Week's Featured Seller is…


GoodWaterCollection is a fellow crocheter and knitter's shop!  So excited to feature GoodWaterCollection this week as a way to promote other yarn crafters works!
Make sure to read the interview and give her some love!  Enjoy :)

1.) Tell us a little bit about yourself? What are your other hobbies, what is day to day life like for you?
I'm currently going back to school to become an RN. I've been crocheting for about 15 years and love coming up with new ideas. I've been teaching myself how to knit and I also make jewelry. I've been thinking about trying out quilting but I'm not sure my sewing skills are up to it yet.

2.) What inspired you to begin creating and open your shop? 
I've been making different crafts for as long as I can remember. One of my friends actually discovered Etsy and suggested that I open a shop. I've been adding to it ever since.

3.) What is your best seller item in your shop? What is your favorite item in your shop?
Right now my best sellers are my Rose Bobby Pins. I think my favorite item right now is the Basketweave Purse. I've been playing around with different handles and different fabric linings to coordinate with the color of the yarn used to create the bag.

4.) What is your biggest struggle as a etsy seller?
I think the biggest struggle as an Etsy seller is staying motivated. I know that I haven't had the success on Etsy that I had hoped I would have. It gets discouraging when everyone tells you that they love what you've made but then it never sells. I've recently started doing shows and I've found that helps keeps me motivated to create new items.

5.) What's your favorite thing about being an artist?
I really like seeing what started as an idea in my head become something that can be used. There are times when I can hardly wait to get something finished so I can see if it looks as good as I thought it might. Sometimes it's even better than I had imagined.

6.) Do you have a crafting "routine"? Are there things in your day to day life (job, family, etc.) that make it difficult to stick to that routine
I guess the closest thing I have to a routine is I usually try to work on something while watching tv in the evenings. When school starts up for me again in the fall I know I'm not going to have the same kind of time to work on new items. 


7.) I talk a lot about certain fears of creativity, like the fear of failing and fearing that people won't like your creation, do you experience these fears and if so how do you get past them and keep creating?I know that not everyone is going to like everything that I make. My sister doesn't like half of the things that I make. I don't really worry about that since I know not everything is for everyone. Since I do make so many different things I know that somebody is bound to find something that they like. As long as I think it came out the way I wanted it to then I'm happy. When it doesn't I usually pull it all apart and try again.

8.) Tell us a little quirky fact about yourself.
I'm addicted to playing Cafe World on FB.


GoodWaterCollection is also offering readers a coupon in her shop!

Use code FEATURE for 15% off in her shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers