Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Featured Seller Tuesday!

This Week's Featured Seller is…


Where you can find a wide range of the artists creations including quilts, wall hangings, 
wine bottle gift bags, coasters, trivets, pet blankies, and more! 
This is the perfect place to find gifts for hard-to-buy 
friends and family or something perfect for your own home. 
Make sure to read the review and check out this awesome shop!

1.) Tell us a little bit about yourself? What are your other hobbies, what is day to day life like for you?


I'm a big city girl who ended up in a small place and have a love for both ends of the spectrum. I actually have a day job working in IT for the government, but my office is only a five minute drive from my house. I would much prefer to spend my days in my home studio, but I think maybe someday that will become a reality. I have other hobbies that include playing the piano, swimming, golf and I'm a big wine buff.


2.) What inspired you to begin creating and open your shop? 

Actually, this is sort of an interesting story. When my Dad passed away, my family doctor advised me to get a new hobby. I told him I was the LAST person who needed a new hobby, but he told me to go and get one anyway. About that time, a friend gave me an old sewing machine sort of out of the blue. I used to love crafts and sewing when I was younger, so I started tinkering. I suddenly realized one day that I had started quilting without really being aware of it. By that time I was hooked and the rest is history. I opened the shop just to see what people would think of my work and now Etsy has become another aspect to the hobby that I enjoy so very much. 

3.) What is your best selling item in your shop? What is your favorite item in your shop? 
The baby and pet blankets are really the big seller, but I love the big quilts. I really love the Cityscape Quilt right now. 

4.) What is your biggest struggle as a etsy seller?

Setting shipping prices. The cost to ship has really gone up and I just know everyone wants cheap shipping, but it's really hard to do when you are just a little shop.


5.) What's your favorite thing about being an artist? 
That's a really tough question!! There are so many things. I love interacting with other artists and I love surprising myself by being able to meet my own challenges.

6.) Do you have a crafting "routine"? Are there things in your day to day life (job, family, etc.) that make it difficult to stick to that routine?


I devote my Fridays to my studio. I spend as much of the day as possible delving into my various projects and then make time throughout the rest of the week as much as possible. Every Monday I have lunch with other creative friends and we share projects, bounce ideas off one another, etc. 

7.) I talk a lot about certain fears of creativity, like the fear of failing and fearing that people won't like your creation, do you experience these fears and if so how do you get past them and keep creating?
My fear is one of rejection. I just set up at a festival last weekend for the first time and was terrified that I would actually hear strangers talking about my work in front of me. To my surprise, nobody laughed or made fun of my work, so that has given me a new strength to continue on and has even given me a new found confidence. 

8.) Tell us a little quirky fact about yourself.

My nickname is Gimbles. My Dad and his friends wanted to name me that before I was born. 


PieceTherapy is offering readers a discount in her shop!  


Use code BLOG4PT for a 15% discount!

Also check out PieceTherapy here:
Twitter
Her blog
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers