Friday, June 10, 2011

When did I get soooo UNORGANIZED

I can remember growing up the only way for me to survive the week was to be super organized.  In high school, I was a member of Honor Society, Spanish club, Interact club, a cheerleader, Homecoming and Prom coordinator, in the toughest classes my school offered, not to mention that while I was doing all of these activities, I was changing homes at least 3 times a year.  And yet, I got it all done, and I did it to the fullest of my potential.  I always had high grades, I was always setting up some kind of club function, volunteering, I was doing everything!

So, how did I go from some sort of wonder woman to a lady that has to write down reminders in multiple places just to remember to take my prenatal vitamins?  Is this the extent that pregnancy brain can have on a person? Sometimes I blame my husband because if I was the ultra organized person, he is the ultra unorganized person.  While I would like to write everything down in a neat and organized planner, sometimes I feel he would rather just do what it is he remembers to do (which has to be the important stuff, right)  and then fly by the seat of his pants doing whatever else in his spare time.  So, maybe this whole two people becoming one if rubbing off on my organization skills in the wrong way?  Could that be possible?

Or, maybe it's the fact that I got married and had a baby and am pregnant all within two years.. maybe that's the reason that my laundry is piling up and the crochet orders are piling up and I haven't sent out my son birthday invitations for his party that is next Saturday?  I feel so overwhelmed sometimes by the things that I am forgetting that I can't seem to regroup and just get them done.  So, my mission today as I sit in our local coffee shop writing to you all while my husband takes Milo for a jog in his new jogging stroller, is to make a schedule and GET ORGANIZED.  I am going to sit here until I have a clear plan on how to get everything in my life done without having to stress about it.  I don't know yet if this is going to involve a calendar, a planner, or what! but until I have figured this UNorganized part of my life out (or until 1:45 when I must be home because hubby works today)  I will be sipping my decaf latte and ice water and praying the God gives me some sort of divine inspiration and saves me from this part of myself that I do not recognize as myself and lets be become the wonder woman organization and clean freak that I used to be.

So, Lord help me to be organized and to prioritize the things that You would want me to get done, and to have the time and energy to do it all.  In your name!  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers