So I am pleased to say that I have finished the washcloth that I have been staring at for the last few weeks! I did not get around to doing the complete baby set that I had talked about, but am learning and perfecting baby booties from a pattern I bought on etsy. Hopefully they turn out. I find that I crochet rather loosely and that makes it difficult to get sizes right, even when I check my gauge, which is my least favorite part of crocheting. I mean, if I've picked my yarn, have the right needle and understand the pattern I can't usually stop myself from starting the actual project. Horrible mistake, I know and I have many oversized hats and abandoned booties to prove that if I just need to buckle down and not skip this step.
Also coming off of my hook this week are two new baby hats. They are worked in a shell stitch pattern I found on Ravelry.com and I added a little flower of my own to it. The blue one was supposed to be for Brooklynne, but as I said I'm horrible at checking my gauge and it ended up being meant more for a 6-12 month baby and so started over with a pink hat for her. It should fit a little better, but I'm still iffy and a little bummed because I really wanted her to have a different color in her wardrobe other than pink, and it was such a lovely blue. Anyways, here they are :)